Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer holiday

For the first time in years, I'll be taking a planned vacation for the next 2-3 weeks. Mary and I are spending the first week at a comedy improv immersion at Second City, in Chicago. We're going to be hanging out a little bit with Burt Richmond, a noted collector of motorcycles and micro-cars, so I'll accumulate a few stories for later, I'm sure.

Then, we'll drive straight from Chicago to Texas, because Mary's decided to adopt a stray dog named Chubbs (well, he was a stray, he's got a temporary home down there at this point.) I know what you're thinking: Aren't there stray dogs right here in Kansas City? Well, Mary picked Mr. Chubbs; anyone who has ever been able to make a side-by-side comparison of my wife and I can easily understand why I just do whatever she wants.

We'll drive back through Austin, so I guess there's a chance I'll see the new track there (but I'm not too sure they'll welcome a motorcycle journalist, considering all the fuss there's been over our on-again/off-again MotoGP status.)

I've found that the Blogger platform's not that compatible with the iPad I take on the road, so don't be surprised if posts are few and far between for the next few weeks. But please keep checking back, because I have a lot of interesting stories in development.

No comments:

Post a Comment